Workflow designer module includes a powerful mailscanner that allow you to substitute standard vtiger mailscanner to achieve better results!
Thanks to this module you can for example manage the complete flow of ticket with emails. Customers can create / update their ticket through email, and conversation is stored in comments.
Basically to achieve this result:
- you need Workflow designer module for vtiger open source
- you have to set an imap provider in workflow designer provider manager
- You have to set a mailscanner in workflow designer that take email from provider manager and execute a workflow
- you have to create a workflow that will be executed by mailscanner
The flow: manage ticket throught email
Use customer portal it’s a good solution to manage our relation with customers, but lot of them don’t like to login inside a portal to create / update their ticket. To improve customer experience you can use your vtiger as a complete ticketing system managed with email as main channel to communicate with your customers.
So customer should:
- create a ticket sending an email to a specific email address like firstname.lastname@example.org
- get update from email
- give answer and update ticket throught email
Now we will explain to you how you can do that thanks to mailscanner of workflow designer module.
First of all you have to set your IMAP provider in provider manager:
How to set mailscanner
In order to get and read email you have to set your mailscanner as following:
To get access to Mail meta information, you should add environment variables on the right side. For our example, please choose the following:
Subject -> $env[“subject”]
Email of sender -> $env[“sender”]
Body of email -> $env[“body”]
Name of sender -> $env[“sendername”]
Attachment -> attachment_*
Mailscanner will store this values every time the Workflow is executed.
A basic workflow to manage ticket with vtiger workflow designer mailscanner
To manage a complete cycle of ticket with email we can create a workflow that:
- check if email received is a new ticket or is an answer to existing ticket (if subject contain TT then is an answer to existing ticket)
- if it’s a new ticket:
- check in VtigerCRM Contacts if there is a contact with same email, otherwise create this contact.
- create a ticket and fill fields with values taken from mailscanner and previous blocks.
- Store email to contact
- attach all mail attachments to the ticket as documents
- if it’s an existing ticket than get ticket id and add a comment with body of email
Note: notification email to contact should contain in subject Ticket number: TTxxx, and this part of subject should not be change to recognize that it’s an answer to ticket, like in other Ticket systems.
Note 2: to answer to customer, you can use comment and create a Workflow that start with new comment or create a workflow that use block “Request value from user” to get text and then send it by email
Here the complete workflow:
You can download workflow, unzip file and load it in your workflow designer:
Other example of things you can do with mailscanner
Using workflow designer vtiger mailscanner allow you to achieve lot of possible results, in example:
- create lead scanning email received from a websiteform
- scan email from external software and yo use content of email for your needs
- get file via email and attach to records
- and so on…
If you have question about this topic please add a comment, we will give you all information you need!